Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bragging


As we ready for departure from Thailand on the 26th I got to thinking about just how much travel our kids have done. Syd has kept a log book for them since birth, of all their flights. Never has she missed one. Both kids have countless miles and Rylan over a hundred flights. I remember on a commuter flight to my Moms in Kansas: The young pilot, after signing and browsing their flight log/books told me that they had more "flight time" then he did. I kinda laughed, a bit nervously, but then he added, "No really I mean it". Scary.

Thinking about their travel I realized that they have both already been on ever Continent, excluding Antarctica. (They have been within 60 miles of Antarctica) Ever Continent. Amazing! Barrett succeeded in this feat before she was 7 years of age! They even have been to The Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) and rounded Cape Horn . Of course I was their for all that fun too, but it just seems like such a great feat for these two kids.
I tried to count, Rylan has visited 17 countries and Barrett 16. (Soon to be 2 more for each).

Lucky Kids.

PS.
(Amazingly, we've (myself included) have never been to Canada).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...You guys are very blessed as well as your kids to be able and willing to do this incredible adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us. Eric, it looks like you are the writer in the family and Syd keeps the logbook, but both are the tennis bums. Who is better now? Great pix of your family w/the locals. Always good to hear from you guys. Miss you both from our trip to Bejing with Ken and dianne.

Doug